Three free UK events slated across July 2018 offer free workshops and product demonstrations for Rane DJ’s SEVENTYTWO
Mixer and TWELVE Digital Turntable Controller from Rane DJ product specialists and legendary DMC champions
Ash Vale, UK – Rane DJ (dj.rane.com), the established innovator in the DJ industry, noted for their standard-setting solutions
coupled with unequalled reliability and customer service, today announced Scratch School – three UK events, partnering
with the home of legendary DJ world championships, DMC. Taking place in Bristol, London and Manchester, Scratch School
offers free in-depth workshops and product demonstrations of the all-new SEVENTY-TWO Battle Mixer and TWELVE
Digital Turntable Controller, alongside exclusive guest speaker slots from legendary DMC champions including DJ X-Rated,
DJ Rasp and Blakey
Confirmed Scratch School dates are as follows:
• 6th July – DBS – Bristol – Special Guest: DJ X-Rated (2016 and 2017 U.K. DMC Battle Champion)
• 10th July – Manchester – School of Electronic Music: Special Guest: DJ Rasp (2014 battle for supremacy UK
• 12th July – London – On The Rise Academy – Special Guest: Blakey (Former DMC World Champion & Serato
Artist Relations Manager)
Regitstration for Scratch School is available here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/rane-dj-amp-dmc-17457467805
The SEVENTY-TWO Battle Mixer
Recognising an unfulfilled need in the market for a bulletproof table top battle mixer, Rane DJ focused its unmatched
Seattle-based engineering capability on the problem and created a new model of unrivalled performance and innovation.
With incredibly high build quality in terms of component selection and its all-steel construction, this mixer solidifies Rane
DJ’s reputation as the premier mixer brand for turntablists.
The Rane DJ SEVENTY-TWO has been designed in collaboration with DJs and their crews all over the world. This Battle
Ready flagship offers the high standards of performance and construction that people rightly expect from Rane DJ.
With the Rane DJ SEVENTY-TWO, dual DJs can battle it out with their own laptops simultaneously through the two USB
computer connections. With a brand-new 4.3-inch colour touch screen interface, the Seventy-Two not only shows Serato
DJ’s moving waveforms and their cue points, but also brings a much-needed interactive experience to FX workflows, with two
internal FLEX FX engines and stacked Serato DJ Effects.
Importantly, the Seventy-Two will be the first time that users will experience Rane’s brand-new Mag THREE Fader.
Dramatically updating their patented, industry-changing Mag Fader design, the new Mag THREE Fader offers a unique
touchless, tension-adjustable fader with perfect tactile feel and precision, combined with a long and reliable life. It makes for
a DJ experience simply unavailable anywhere else.
Highlights of the SEVENTY-TWO:
• Solid steel construction—built like a tank for non-stop, heavy-duty use
• (3) New Mag THREE tension adjustable faders for crossfader and channel faders with reverse, contour controls, and
• 4.3” Touchscreen for moving wave display, FX control, song selection and user customizations
• Dual Flex FX engines, one for each channel
• Chain-integrated Serato DJ Effect control plus one internal Flex Effect per channel
• Dual USB connections for DJ handoffs
• 16 Akai Professional MPC-style performance pads w/RGB backlight, adjustable threshold and aftertouch, with
independent mode controls per deck.
• Two microphone inputs – combo Neutrik, on/off, tone, mic/line level switches
• RCA Phono/CD and CD inputs for each deck
• RCA session Inputs/outputs, balanced XLR, Main Out, balanced ¼”, Booth Out
• Serato DJ and DVS enabled and includes Serato Control Vinyl
• Industry First – assignable USB controller inputs for Rane TWELVE Battle Controller
The TWELVE Battle Controller
Rane DJ presents the TWELVE Battle Controller, a simple, pure and powerful motorized DJ control system without needle
skippage or tone arm hopping. The TWELVE has all the characteristics and simplicity of a “traditional” direct-drive turntable
but without the hassle of fragile needles and skipping tone arms. Keeping things consistent with a familiar turntable layout
and size, the only clear differentiator is a precision, multi-function touch strip for track searching and setting or triggering hot
cues in place of the tone arm.
The vinyl experience is fully customizable with your favourite slipmat. With an all-metal body like the SEVENTY-TWO, the
TWELVE is built like a tank, but it has the agility of a sports car. It is truly Battle-Ready. With the TWELVE, the DJ can scratch
and play with all the direct spontaneity and creativity of a turntablist, but with the precision, repeatability and durability of the
best digitally-based solutions. The TWELVE is the very best of both. There is simply nothing else like it, anywhere.
Highlights of the TWELVE:
• Full 12” Vinyl with motorized platter to control playback
• Traditional, familiar turntable layout, no need to learn something new
• Strip Search with 8 hot cue triggers access
• 5.0 kfcm high torque motor with Hi/Low torque adjust for more traditional setups
• 4 decks of control so you can use one, two or more
• Extreme precision—3600 ticks of platter resolution for seamless performance
• MIDI interface via USB that can be connected to the SEVENTY-TWO or your computer
• 33 1/3 and 45 rpm platter speeds
• 8/16/50% pitch with precise dual resolution detented slider
• Top Panel rotary and traditional Motor Off switch, allows traditional wind down effects
• Serato DJ OSA ready