- All Members that are operating a mobile disco have Public Liability Insurance of no less than £1 million pounds.
- The equipment used by the DJ is reliable, safe, portable appliance tested (PAT) and set up in a safe and secure manner.
- The DJs presentation is both professional and of such standard that would bring repute to disc jockeys in general.
- The DJ has an adequate and appropriate supply of recorded music.
- The DJ uses safe and reliable transport.
- The DJ will arrive on good time to start the programme at the time agreed with the client.
- The DJ meets the detailed standards as set out in the requirements for membership of the South Eastern Discotheque Association.
- The DJ carries a fire extinguisher suitable for electrical fires and a 13amp mains socket tester.
Safety & General Tidiness
- Safe working practices must be employed.
- The DJ’s equipment must be safe to use.
- All leads and cabling is secure and taped down where needed.
- All wiring and connections are in good repair, correctly connected and properly rated.
- The disco itself and surrounding area must be tidy.
Clarity Of Sound
- Sound recordings must be reproduced clearly.
- The sound level must be within the design limits of the system with due regard to the size of the venue and it’s acoustics.
- The DJ must be able to be understood in all vocal work.
- The DJ must be able to find any request from his or her collection within 5 minutes.
- The DJ’s lighting should be suitable and adequate for the venue and secured where necessary.
- The DJ must be appropriately dressed for the event.
- The DJ makes use of business cards, contracts, diary, telephone, e-mail, etc.
- The DJ must be prepared to accept the South Eastern Discotheque Association’s requirements for Public Liability Insurance.
- The DJ must keep accounts of all transactions relating to his or her business for submission to HMRC.